Maine Sparks is a proposed online media campaign to help young and adult learners: discover what sparks them, align those interests to the competencies of in-demand careers in Maine, and discover the learning pathways toward those careers.
The (audacious) vision: Every person in Maine will find what sparks them, act upon it, and find work that is satisfying, in areas that are in demand, here in Maine.
Maine Sparks could be adopted, cultivated, and marketed through an online media campaign and become a primary portal for young and adult learners to be exposed to the many inspiring job paths available in Maine’s next economy.
Maine Sparks was conceived by the Leadership Maine Tau class workforce development team in 2011-12.
- Maine Sparks overview: http://mainesparks.net
- Prototype videos: http://mainesparks.net/category/sparks/spark-videos/
- Final report: http://mainesparks.net/about/final-report
Related resources from Project>Login
- Project>Login: From Curiosity to Career – http://www.slideshare.net/collier/projectlogin-from-curiosity-to-career
- Presentation to the State Workforce Investment Board – http://goo.gl/yOjoUw
- Paper on competencies and practices for computing and IT – http://goo.gl/WaeQzc